Three Broadgate provides a pedestrian link between Broadgate Circle and Finsbury Avenue Square. It was built in 1987 to serve as the estate’s marketing suite.
Architecture firm ORMS has designed a three-storey arch created in the façade with a wider entry point, in order to improve links with the surrounding estate.
The pink granite cladding has been replaced with a veil made up of decorative tiles- designed to reference the site’s use for cloth making in medieval times.
Installation consisted of the following:
- removing and re-installing existing acoustic louvers
- installation of steel mullions, including brackets and gaskets
- installation envelope inner facade to drum
- installation envelope wave top coping structure
- installation envelope feature glazing, toggle system
- installation steel ring beam
- installation envelope external shingle cladding
- installation envelope bird mesh
- installation envelope stainless steel panels
- installation envelope partitions, flashings
- installation of horizontal fire/acoustic stopping