The U.S. Embassy in London
The U.S. Embassy London is centrally located in the Nine Elms district, a revitalized industrial neighbourhood close to the centre of London that was historically part of the royal Vauxhall Gardens.
The high-performance façade uses laminated glazing with an outer envelope of ethylene tetrafluoroethylene. The envelope prevents excessive solar gain and mitigates glare while uniformly distributing daylight throughout the building. This reduces the energy required to cool and light the building.
Installation consisted of the following:
- installation of bridge, staircase and balustrade structure
- guardrail (balustrade) installation
- glass covering slab under stairs
- off-loading and installation of 13no double brackets/plates
- preparation of weights and distribution to each location in advance of brackets location