Japan House Staircase
As the new, London home for Japanese creativity and innovation, Japan House London will provide authentic and surprising encounters with the very best in art, design, gastronomy, innovation and technology, offering visitors a deeper appreciation of Japanese culture.
Part of a global initiative led by the Japanese Ministry of Foreign Affairs, there are two other Japan Houses in Los Angeles and São Paulo. Located on London’s Kensington High Street, the experience is an authentic encounter with Japan, engaging and surprising even the most knowledgeable guests. The varied offer includes an exhibition gallery, events space, a Japanese restaurant and a retail ﬂoor of thoughtfully curated Japanese products.
Installation consisted of the following:
- steel brackets mounted to main steel
- pre-assembled stringers to be lifted and connected to pre-brackets
- install internal handrail
- install external handrail
- welding of stringers on site
- welding of panels to close the above joints on site
- cutting and grinding of spindles
- welding inspection us (ultrasonic)
- welding inspection ndt/lpi