London School of Economics
London School of Economics and Political Science, Centre Buildings Redevelopment (LSE CBR) – a hub for the university’s Social Sciences departments, providing a balanced mix of public amenities, departmental space and teaching facilities.
The CBR is on Houghton Street and Clare Market. Buildings that were demolished are: East Building, The Anchorage, Clare Market and St Clement’s: core and eastern wing. The new structure is split into three sections: the 2-storey Amenities Block, the 5-storey Houghton Street Block, and the 13-storey Tower Block.
Installation consisted of the following:
- façade area: 11,000m2 of cladding
- installation of aluminium curtain wall unitised system
- unitised cladding through the gap between concrete slab and steel exoskeleton
- louver screen façade
- aluminium rain screen cladding
- fire/smoke steal
- aluminium soffits
- column cladding
- frameless glass balustrades
- granite stone rainscreen
- metal balustrades